Ben has been involved in the delivery of infrastructure his entire career, being exposed to construction through the family business as a teenager the career path was set. Being fortunate to engage with mentors along the way, Ben managed a regional geotechnical engineering firm in his early career, before advancing to Project Engineer, Project Manager and to Project Director roles in construction companies in NSW, QLD and Northern Territory.
Ben believes problem solving is a key component of effective project delivery, and finding the win-win solution has been a strong part of forming and keeping relationships across the industry. Being a strategic thinker, Ben advocates and relies upon fundamental Project Management Principals to provide structure and guidance across his projects. Strategic leadership of teams has been a major requirement through Ben’s career, focussing on empowering teams to reach objectives.
Holding construction manager roles for various construction firms, Ben has been exposed to countless projects within the property development, public infrastructure, and environmental remediation sectors of construction. Clients have included property developers (Publicly listed, private companies and state bodies), State based authorities (Hunter Water, RMS, Landcom) and on nationally significant projects including Royal Australian Airforce PFAS remediation projects.
Being exposed to such a high volume of projects, has allowed Ben to develop strong risk management processes, and to ensure a project team understands and mitigates risk where able.
Ben relies on challenging projects and diversity of the projects undertaken as a tool to remain engaged and providing growth for himself.
Recent projects include:
- delivered an operational Marina and marine precinct on the shores of Lake Macquarie as development manager,
- delivered a 55-lot residential development in the Mid North Coast of NSW as Development Director,
- delivered 6km of new roadway within a QLD Air Force base (Airside Construction) as Project Director
- undertaken the largest PFAS remediation project yet to be undertaken in Australia (RAAF) – Construction Manager
- construction manager for V8 Supercars construction of new street circuit in Newcastle NSW
Ben relies upon these experiences to add value to the Winarch Group’s projects, and to bring a structured approach to solving the problems to be encountered.